hArtes is a three year (2006-2009) research project (Integrated Project) funded by the IST programme of the European Commission. hArtes aims to lay the foundation for a new holistic (end-to-end) approach for complex real-time embedded system design, with the latest algorithm exploration tools and reconfigurable hardware technologies.
NU-Tech and hArtes
- Algorithm Design in NU-Tech: starting from an application described as a NU-Tech network of Satellites (NUTSs), NU-Tech is able, thanks to the GAE Tool feature, to produce a C description of the application and pass the results to the hArtes toolchain Design Space Exploration tools. In order to produce a C description of the application the source code of each functional block is needed. The GAE Tool feature handles the task of describing how each block interacts with each other and with the system I/O. The ready-to-use NUTS library allows the user to concentrate on the core of his/her own algorithm and write it down according to the GAE Tool specifications
- NU-Tech as the Integration Platform: the Car Laboratory (CarLab) represents one of the application outcomes of project. It is a system composed by a prestigious car, an advanced CIS (Car Information System) and a high-end audio system. CarLab is intended to provide a remotely accessible tool to allow scientists and enterprises to test new algorithms and evaluate original applications on a real scenario. NU-Tech is the platform the CIS has been built on.
- GAETool Version 1.0
- Based on Eclipse "Ganymede"
- Based on GNU Toolchain (MinGW 5.1.4 + GDB 6.8)
- GCC 3.4.5 compiler to compile CNUTS (No need for MSVC)
- Production of C code already validated with GCC compiler
- Multiple file handling
- Same Tool as the rest of the toolchain
- Eclipse Wizard to create CNUTS
- Eclipse Feature to export CNUTS to NU-Tech
- NU-Tech GAETool feature to generate C description of the CNUTS network
- The CarLab
- Atmel Roma S.r.l.
- FAITAL S.p.A.
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Foerderung der Angewandten Forschung E.V.
- Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine
- INRIA - Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et en Automatique
- Leaff Engineering
- Politecnico di Bari
- Politecnico di Milano
- Scaleo Chip
- Segula Technologies
- Thales Communications
- Technische Univeriteit Delft
- Università di Ferrara
- Università Politecnica delle Marche
- Universitè d'Avignon