NU-Tech Forum Index Back to NU-Tech Web Site
NU-Tech Forum

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
NUTS LMS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoxBonf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: NUTS LMS Reply with quote

Hi,
in the LMS NUTS when i use the power normalized algorithm in what way i have to set the MU value?
In the theory it could be set in range (0,2) but in the NUTS it's maximum value is 1.
maxBr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Help:

mu (m) : adaptation step size. When a small value is assigned to mu the adaptation is slow or , equivalently, the LMS algorithm has a long “memory”; this corresponds to a small average mean-squared error after di adaptation due to the large amount of data used to estimate the gradient vector.
On the other hand a large value of mu corresponds to a relatively fast adaptation, but at the expense of an increase in the average mean-squared error after adaptation.
Wink

PS: to view the NUTS help just right-click on the NU-Tech window title and select NUTS Help
RoxBonf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used this NUTS in an adaptive simulation circuit (Direct Sound mode).
I set the length of the adaptive filter in the NUTS option and I export the filter taps in a ".f64" file by the pin "Taps output".
I import this file in Matlab and it become a vector wich is much longer than the length imposed in Nu-tech.
Why ?
It seem that the NUTS create the adaptive filter taps every frame sent and create a ".f64" file containing all the filter taps.
ringos75

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
how did you save "Taps output" pin? if file write has been used, that nuts save all data receveid. so you have two option:

1. read by matlab script just last saved vector
2. use "On buffer (in place)" filewrite propertya nd active in-place data saving.

I Hope that help you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NU-Tech Forum Index -> Technical FAQs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: